I found a bug in my hitcounter, favorites, lastread and lastcommented plugins due to my not using the correct Perl Storable functions. For some reason I didn't use the locking versions of retrieve() and nstore(). So when my old webhost had some problem causing long page load times (and many simultaneous requests) I ended up having my favorites data file written as zero sized.

So I changed to Storable::lock_retrieve() and Storable::lock_nstore() for all four plugins. The new versions are here:

I never heard any bug reports about these plugins, but I'm sorry if anyone ran into any difficulties due to these bugs.

Comments

comments powered by Disqus