Shrink The Web has announced a new API for free users using their new
preview verification feature. This change required changes to my
The changes (lifted from the CHANGELOG.txt):
Changes to the shrinkthewebimage template tag:
- The shrinkthewebimage template tag is NOT backward compatible with
version 0.0.1. The alt argument is no longer accepted.
- The shrinkthewebimage template tag is now intended for use by free
accounts, it adds the required preview feature. It can also be used
by PRO account users wanting the preview functionality.
- The shrinkthewebimage template tag now accepts PRO key-value
arguments in the same manner as the stwimage tag. This functionality
is shown in theexample template but may not yet be fully implemented
by the STW web service.
Changes to the stwimage template tag:
- The stwimage can now only be used for PRO features.
- Template tags now throw exceptions in their constructors instead of
in the render function so configuration errors are visible during
- django-stw defines a key 'lang' for the SHRINK_THE_WEB dictionary
that can be passed along as a default to the preview tag. Alternately
a 'lang' keyword can be supplied in each template tag invocation.
django-stw defaults it to 'en'. This functionality is not yet
implemented by the STW web service.
The v 0.2.0 package is available on PyPi, as a source download on
github, or via git clone.