Upgrading Pelican and Migrating to GitHub Pages

I've been using Pelican for this blog for almost three years with source and output stored in a GitHub repository. The output files were then checked out and hosted as static content behind an NGINX web server on my VPS. Since I set that up GitHub introduced GitHub Pages with …

Tagged as: pelican github python

Integrated Coverage Analysis with Coveralls

When I converted django-periodicals to use cookiecutter-djangopackage I was running coverage.py in my Travis-CI .travis.yml to report the coverage results to the command line log. The coverage results were interesting but didn't really alter my development practice much.

Over the years I've had differing options about coverage testing …

cookiecutter-djangopackage - Do the Right Thing

In preparation for upgrading and enhancing Googility.com I've started breaking out reusable applications, upgrading them, and open sourcing the code on GitHub. I wanted to follow development best practices and create high quality applications including these features:

  • A full set of tests.
  • Near 100% code coverage.
  • Continuous Integration running …

Initial Release of django-stw

I have been using the free website thumbnail service from Shrink The Web on my dog agility search website Googility since I launched it. It is quick and easy to use and it adds a lot to the look of the pages.

I had created a simple Django template tag …